Sunday, October 30, 2011

Find a good team

One of the biggest elements I have had with my success has been my being very blessed to surround myself with people who will not allow me to fail. You often hear people say failure is not an option, well it's really true if you want to have true success in something like losing a lot of weight.  Something I decided to do differently this time around to try to make this time better than all the other failed attempts at turning my life around was to work with a personal trainer.  This has really made a huge difference in every aspect of my journey so far from fitness to diet to just plain ole drive to succeed.   When I signed up to my gym and decided i wanted to work with a trainer the assigned me the head trainer a man named Ulrick Alfred  who has had such a positive impact on both mine and my wife's success over the last half year i can not put it into words other than to say he is the man.

The first day I met Ulrick he asked me my goal and i had thought about it for a while and decided to shoot high  and see what happens so i said " I want to lose 150 pounds in 1 year"  Much to my surprise all he said was "great lets get to work" like it was just a small thing and not something that less than 5 percent of all people who set out to do it ever complete.  But it was that confidence in me and the team that was pushing me that lead me to believe in the first few months that achieving such a lofty goal might just be possible.

Many people have asked me lately how I have been able to do what I have done and there are lots of reasons I guess but they main thing that ties them all together is a drive to achieve success.  You see 7 months ago i decided health wise to go all in as they say at the poker table i was going to succeed no matter what.  This is what I have found is what you have have to do you can't tackle losing this much weight  without going on all in.  When your tired you go the gym any way when your all in, when everyone else has pizza you have a salad when your all in, when it's raining on a Saturday morning you get up and go the gym because your all in.

I am looking forward to a big week this week  as I  do this time every year I'm turning another year older on Tuesday. But also later in the week i am taking part in the filming an infomercial for a wonderful product called FIT Body Composition System. Last week I went to Utah to meet with the nice folks at Tahitian Noni who make this product and they were so impressed with my story that they invited me to share it with the world in this production.  The Fit is certainly a product that has had a big part in getting me here now and I plan to share more about it with you soon.

I hope to keep my blog updated as often as possible and keep everyone up to date with my progress.  But my  main reason for doing this blog is to hopefully help and inspire you who read it whether I know you personally or we have never met I want you to tell your successes and how you are getting it done in a big way.  So whether you have already started to make a change or need a big push I'm here to push you along.  So leave me a comment and let me know what you think so far and don't forget to become a follower so you can get the latest updates.  It's a beautiful sunny day here in Florida today but no matter where you are get out there and be active and take a step towards fit.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of my "Baby Boy" as I so lovingly call him. He has come so far in such a short time, and hasn't wavered. I have seen such a change in him these past few months, and I'm not talking just his physical appearance. He stands taller smiles more, and seems to have more confidence. I want my son to happy & healthy & to live a long life. He's on the right path now, and I know he will succeed. I am one proud mom!

    ReplyDelete