Saturday, October 29, 2011

The story so far

One of my favorite quotes is from Star Wars and it's where Yoda tells Luke  " There is no try, only do or do not".  About seven months ago I thought about that quote as i decided whether or not i was going to start another campaign to lose a lot of weight and improve my health. Any one who has ever tried to do this will tell you if you use the word try your already playing from behind. I decided that as i approach my 32nd birthday it was time to stop screwing around and if i wanted to be thinner and happier it was time to do it, not try to do it but do it before it was to late.  Now as embarrassing as it is to write this I feel it is central to my story so i will tell you that on April 7th 2011 i weighed 420 pounds.  That number shocked even me as a person who has been big all his life, when i saw that number I was scared.  I knew that even though my health was fine now that the clock was ticking on a whole list of horrible things that would become inevitable at that weight, Heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and more or less and early check out for yours truly if I didn't put the brakes on NOW and throw it in reverse.  So one day an opportunity came my way a new gym was opening up in the perfect spot for me right in the middle between home and work and they were offering a terrific deal so i thought about for a few days talked it over with my family and to my surprise not only were they supportive they all agreed to sign up too.
So I decided this was it they time is now the opportunity is here and it is time to do,not try but do.  I have the most wonderful wife in the world  whom without her none of this would be possible she agreed to be my partner in life and now in making it a healthy one.
Now to the number i really like to type here as we approach the seventh month mark since that fateful weigh in at 420 pounds i can tell you I now weigh 312 pounds that's a loss of 108 pounds in a little under 7 months, i don't like to toot my own horn but they tell me that's pretty good.

With this blog I would like to share with you my story of how and why i decided to change my health and my life. I'm not yet where i am going but I'm now on the right track and I can almost see where I want to be from here and that's pretty cool considering where I was 7 short months ago.  I have Lot's to say and seven months of stuff to catch up on I wish i would have started right a way but I was just to busy out there making it happen to think about putting it into words. But from now on I would be more than happy to share my Journey From Fat to Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment