Saturday, January 14, 2012

299 A Dream Realized!

Hello again everyone I am back in the blogosphere again this morning after some time away to refocus myself and plan out my new strategy and to heal up my injured foot I am back with some wonderful news.  After a hard week of training and working my refocused plans I am happy to report that last afternoon my goal was finally met when I stepped on the scale and it finally read 299. I have worked so hard and tried so much to finally crack crack that 300 pound barrier for the first time in many many years for a brief moment I could say I don't weigh over 300 pounds even if it was by only an ounce and once I drank my protein shake I was right back above it but at least I saw it the glass has finally been broken.  I know my goal was to do it by December 31 and it actually upset me quite a bit that I was unable to achieve that goal even with one last gasp at the expense of my own foot on New Years eve it was still not enough.  Even though I know it was irrational to think this way I was kinda too embarrassed to write the blog for the last 10 days because I feel I let both myself and you down by not hitting that mark.  You see it's a tough thing this losing weight  and hanging in with it for as long as I have which I just crossed the nine month mark last week It really is a mental battle just as much as a physical one.  You wage two wars one against the physical side with body fat and food and one mental side against your own mind and your image of yourself and who it is you want to become and when you want to get there.  And the problem can come when the results from this physical battle aren't what you want them to be it can cause you to lose the second battle against yourself.


You see as much as I have accomplished I am the kind of person who is constantly driven by the need to achieve what is next and the kind of person who always wants to shoot for the stars the problem is if you only reach the moon while shooting for the stars it can feel like you fell short of your goals when the truth is most people never even leave the ground so reaching the moon is not that bad after all.


So 2012 is here and so many people I see are starting out with big goals this year of losing weight and getting healthy this year and that is great, I see new people are joining the gym I go to with all sorts of different goals in mind. So the big question is what's yours, do you you have a number in mind on how many pounds you would like to lose this year or do you just want to get moving and make yourself look and feel better than you do right now either way you really can't lose.  My goal is to get from 300 to 250 this year as I know each pound will be a battle I want a nice achievable mark but high enough where I have to still work hard everyday to get it.  So for those of you in the Kissimmee area you can see me in this months edition of America's favorite coupon book as I am featured in an ad for the FIT in there it is on the second page complete with before and after pics.


So we are still awaiting the results from the FIT challenge as my entry was submitted and now we are just awaiting word on the finalists so I am pretty excited about that and will surly keep you all updated on that we are also getting ready for the roll out of the Fit commercials as they are beginning to finally come out and we are also eager to see how they came out after the filming back in November.


So again I'm sorry for the delay in the blogs and the not posting for a while I so appreciate you coming back by and checking out the blog today and don't forget to share it with your Friends  on Facebook as so many of us on on out own weight loss journeys in 2012  it always helps to hear someone else story and to take comfort in fact that others are right with in your journey to FIT.  So have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping back and hanging with me on out Journey to FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment