Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New plan for the New Year

Good morning everyone on this frigid Tuesday at least for our standards here in Florida it is quite cold today.  I certainly hope everyone enjoyed there New Years celebrations and there whole Holiday season.  Well after a few days off from blogging I am ready to hit it again, so this New Years eve I decided I was going to send 2011 out with a bang and try to accomplish something large fitness wise regardless of all of my other goals so I set out to break in a new pair of running shoes.  But after a few miles it turned into a steady walk and I just decided to keep walking and walking and walking and before I knew it I was 5 miles from home so it turned into a record breaking walk for me of 10.25 miles I did it in just under 3 hours  and according to my Nike + adjusted for my weight I burned a whopping 2300 calories.  The last few miles were so hard as every muscle in my lower body hurt but I gutted it out and completed the walk and I am quite proud  of my accomplishment.  However my walk may have been a bit foolish as I started out with a little foot pain from a big run walk on Wednesday and now I have a big foot pain so maybe a little fool hearty  but hey I got it done.

As my walk proves big results can happen for anyone simply by doing what I did and putting one foot in front of the other and start moving down the path.  Don't worry about 10 miles at first start with one mile and if that's too hard start with once around the block and start working that up and up each time till it's 10 times around the block the point is lace up those shoes and get out there and take that first step because for most of us that is the hardest one last last few steps after a time mile trek are hard don't get me wrong but for the out of shape among us the very first step of the very first  trip around the block can seem like running a marathon. So  how many of you have made those big plans this year to finally get moving on making a big change for the better when it come to your health?  Even if you don't have much weight to lose remember everyone needs exercise because skinny people have heart attacks  and get diagnosed with diabetes everyday and it is all within your power to bring under control if only you chose too.

So it's a new year and time for a new plan as I get ready to enter my ninth month of changing my life time to readjust the old things and add some new things just to keep me moving in the right direction. I struggle everyday to balance my success with my need to keep moving forward for me it is a constant battle against myself to be happy with what I have accomplished and not just fall into the trap of not being as far along or moving as fast as I had hoped to be a few months ago. I guess the same can be said for anyone who is on a journey like mine because once you start accomplishing some of your goals  you have to decide how much time you spend reflecting on what you have done and how much time you spend worrying about getting to the next in a seemingly never ending line of goals that you set for yourself.  Lately I find myself languishing in the latter and worrying about my speed that I am moving at towards the next step along my journey because for me it is hard not to want to focus on what is next it's just how I am even though everyone around me wants me to celebrate what I have done and I know they are absolutely correct in their plan I guess I'm just a worrier who can't seem to unfocus on the road ahead and how fast I'm moving down it. 

So as we begin each  new step on our Journey together this year let's all try to keep a balance of success and focus and keep us moving down that path towards success no matter how near or far those goals are remember to both focus on the next step but reflect that last was was good because you didn't fall.  So thanks so much for stopping back by and checking out the blog again after a few days off I am going to try to keep it updated regularly again and keep all of you motivated to get up and get moving towards all those goal you set for yourself in the fresh New Year.  SO today stay warm out there but get moving towards another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment