Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Well a good Thursday morning to everyone I hope every one's week before Christmas is going well.  Well last night was my third night of running with the run club and it certainly was exciting and really a microcosm of my whole Journey so far.  You see as you might remember my time last week was 45 minutes  so this week I set out to finish the course in at least under 44 minutes so I could at least see some improvement.  It was a nice night for a run and I was really giving it my all the whole way even without the shoes I still need I was down to the last tenth of a mile and was on track to beat my time, then it happened  with sweat pouring down my face and I'm completely out of breath I didn't see a high spot in the sidewalk and went down.  Now don't worry other than a scraped up elbow I'm fine but it just was  a test of my drive as I  was so determined to make it I got up brushed my self off a kept driving for the finish line and guess what I made it in an new record time of 42 minutes, so I am quite proud of myself this morning for making it over the finish line.

Now your probably asking yourself how does this have anything to do with my story as a whole.  Well it's just the whole Journey seems to have been this way made up of day after day of Blood, Sweat and Tears.  Just nothing but determination to get not just across that 5k finish line but my big finish line of completely  losing this weight and accomplishing my big goal now like my run last night I have fell countless times and it has seemed like I was so hurt and so tired that I couldn't go on any further as it was just too hard but like last night those times I picked my self up off the ground brushed off the dirt  toweled off my sweat and blood and kept going because that's how bad I want it that's how bad I wanted to beat that 45 minutes and that's how bad I want to accomplish this big weight loss. Now the moral to this story as they say is this if you decide to take on a Journey of transformation for yourself this too will happen to you, it will be hard you will fall you will hurt but when your down on the ground literally or metaphorical you have those two choices stay there and wallow if your mistakes or get up and keep driving for that finish line.  As simple as my words my seem the sad reality is over ninety percent of people who start a Journey like mine won't get up the will just wallow in there failure and stay down, why do you think there are so many over weight people because so many lack to drive to simply get up and keep moving.

So what do I do to keep myself in that 10 percent who will get up, it all begins with surrounding yourself with people who won't let you stay down people who except no excuses  people who want only to see you win as much as you do.  My advice to you is to seek these folks out no matter where they are you need them because you will fall you will want to quit but all you need is a hand to help you back up and an encouraging push back down the road to success. Another part of it comes with knowledge  learn as much as you can arm yourself with information to help ward off self doubt  to keep you from using something that might not even be true as a way to keep yourself down.  Now my goal with this blog has always been to not just share my story but to be a hand for you when you go down on one of those unforeseen bad places on your Journey or someone Else's so chin up and keep moving because that's what I do.

So I managed to beat my time by a full 3 minutes so I am pumped about that the weight loss has been so so so far this week and I don't know if that scale is going to give up the 299 number in the next 9 days or not I guess we shall just see.  I want to thank Troy and Jackie and all the folks who came out and ran last night and are always my helping hand for me to help me get across that finish line and whenever I may stumble on my Journey.  So thanks so much for stopping by today after a few days off from the blogging I needed a little inspiration and found it by a scraped up elbow but hey whatever it takes right.  So as always thanks for sharing the blog especially right now as we try to motivate people into really making those New Year's resolutions in a few days even if losing weight  isn't going to be yours I'm sure you know someone else who it needs to  be so be that hand for them pick them up and let's give them that push to set there own finish line in 2012.  Make it a great day and get out there and take another step towards FIT,

No comments:

Post a Comment