Friday, December 9, 2011

Uncharted Waters

Well Happy Friday everyone we finally made it to the end of another long work week. So this morning I am feeling pretty good as I had a good result yesterday from my measurements, yesterday I measured my body composition with a body analyzer and scale that will tell you not only what you weigh  but what things make up that number.  You see I found out my body weight was 304 but my body fat is now down to 106 which is way down from the first time I used that type of measurement I was off the charts and it just came up error because I was over 225 pounds of body fat so I know now how much fat I have lost because my 305 I know now is made up of 106 pounds of fat and 198 pounds of everything else ( bones, muscle and organs).  See this is what I have learned and always say the scale will lie to you because it does not give you an accurate  and complete picture as to what you added up to reach that number. Because even now as I continue to lose fat pounds I gain muscle pounds and it will just be a wash and the scale will give me the same number.  So I really suggest to everyone to get one of these body analyzers and check your composition to see where you are at so you know the whole story and not just what the bathroom scale will tell you.  But what really made me happy was there is a chart that goes along with that machine that shows models for different body types with your fat % and I finally made the chart as I am now down below 35% and that is the highest the models go on the chart so It is a major victory for me to even make that chart being I was no where even close when I started.  My goal is to get down to around 20% or below but even then my body weight will still be above 230 so I'm just never going to be that light but as long as it's not body fat that the scale is weighing it's all good.


A number goal is important but it's only part of the story remember this low numbers make us feel good but they don't define success and failure all by themselves.  For me the proof is coming now every time I go shopping, you see my whole life when I went shopping for cloths  the only thing I could do was to find the biggest size the had and hope it would be lose enough to use and that's just all I have ever known.  Now I go shopping and my wife has to remind me  that things might be too big and I need smaller sizes, and that ladies and gentlemen blows my mind. I'm not the biggest possible size anymore and it is so weird to grab the cloths that are not all the way on the back of the racks where the big sizes are always put now, I'm more in the middle where the large and extra large things are.  I know I will never get down below a 1x shirt but coming from a 4x eight months ago to now most 2x shirts being too lose  it's like moving all the way to medium for most people.  So let your cloths do the talking they will tell you when fat is gone when you see that extra bunching up on your pants and your shirt hanging down a bit farther that's when you know even if the scale doesn't tell you what you want to hear.


So we made it to the end of the week how bout you are you ready for a new size in 2012  are you putting a smaller size on your Christmas list to motivate you to work hard to get into next year. So who's had some good results this week are you still working hard making smart choices and finding time for exercise no matter how small. Yesterday was another good workout this time we did legs so my legs are really screaming today but I know when they get better Ill just be that much stronger and able to do that much more than yesterday.  So back in the gym today for a nice long trip on the elliptical machine to close out the work week strong.


SO thanks so much for stopping by and checking out the blog today I always like to have good news to share even if it is a little scientific today, lol  Don't forget about clicking the share button on the facebook post's to share the blog and sign up to become a follower of the blog.  Well everyone enjoy your Friday and remember those healthy rewards and get out take another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment