Friday, December 16, 2011

A new kind of Holiday Lifestyle

Well Happy Friday to everyone as we finally  made it to the end of another long work week.  So I am back in the blogosphere today after a busy day yesterday and another great workout yesterday  as we did another strength training and boxing session with another one scheduled for this afternoon so I am really looking forward to the weekend.  So today I have been thinking a lot about how my new lifestyle has changed the way the Holiday season feels for me this year I can say it certainly has a much different feel to it than any other than I can remember.  With all of the sweet treats and all of the Christmas parties that we partake in this time of year it is certainly a time when so much extra calories and fattening food is thrown our way and we have to make those hard decisions do we hold strong and turn them down or give into tradition and go ahead with our regular  holiday traditions. Myself I have managed to turn them mostly all down and tried to find new alternatives  to enjoying this time of year without sacrificing my weight loss efforts and falling behind from where I want to be. It's just a simple choice for me no glass of eggnog is worth falling behind for me and no sugar cookie is worth an hour on the treadmill to make up.  But what does that mean really how do find that happy median between what is healthy  and what is happy.  Most studies have found that the average person this time of year puts on an additional 5 pounds during this season just from all the extra eating  and everything else that goes into the season so I figure this season if I can lose 5 pounds Ill really be losing ten pounds by not adding the other 5.  So where do you draw the line what indulgence is too much this time of year or is there anything that is too much for you?


So I am proud to report that Wednesday night my running with the running club went very well and I managed to lower my 5k time from 55 minutes to 45 minutes.  The first time out I probably jogged only about 25% of the distance and this week I managed to to jog over 50% and the best part was I feel good today and am not that sore.  It is funny now I can see so much progress in my cardio and how far I can run without getting  totally winded but it has gotten so much better than my body size would let on.  As now my leg strength  seems to give up long before my wind does because after all my legs are still pushing around 300 pounds.  So now I am going to just work on trying to lower my time each week and try to get it down to around 30 minutes eventually is my goal which would mean jogging the entire three miles so I still have a ways to go yet to reach than but I'm damn proud of a ten minute improvement this week.  So now I'm in the market for a great pair of running shoes, any ideas?  Has anyone found a great brand that works great for you and is moderately priced please let me know because I am definitely asking Santa for some next week and I need some suggestions on which ones to try.


So it has been a pretty successful week as I have been to the gym for at least 2 hours everyday this week and the diet has been going really good this week especially as I said for this time of year.  So hopefully I can have some great weigh in results to report on  this weekend as I continue to strive for 299 by the 31st.  But I am really in a good place right now no matter what the scale says, I have gone through periods where I have agonized  over each and every pound and it seemed to be quite litterely driving me nuts but now I can say I am truly happy with what ever I mange to do as long as I am giving it my all as I continue to do each and everyday.


So thanks so much for stopping back by today and checking out today's post as I  pontificate over another topic, lol  I really do appreciate all of your support as I try to find the extra gear of will power to get through this time of year and finish strong this year.  So be sure to become a follower of the blog if you have not already so you can get the latest updates.  To my Facebook friends thanks so much for clicking share on my facebook posts with the blog link so others can see it on your wall and maybe avoid that Holiday 5. Well everyone have a great Friday and please find a few minutes to get out there and take another step towards FIT.


P.S   12-17-11 A new all time low has been achieved, 302 pounds last night so my hard work this week really payed off and I'm totally pumped by these results only 2 more pounds to go and two weeks to get there. Have a great Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment