Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mom was right, eat your veggies.

Well a happy hump day to everyone out there as we charge through this week with less than the full twelve days of Christmas left. So yesterday I made it to the gym sore upper body and all and burned my 1000 calories on the treadmill and bike it's funny the best my chest felt all day was when I was working out again when I stopped it went right back to hurting. So tonight all systems look go for the run/walk club to meet tonight for our second 5k so that's what on today's agenda after the weather did not cooperate last week I'm ready to get back out there and see what I can do so anyone in the area feel free to stop in and walk with us  at 6 as we leave from Vintage Vino on Dakin Street.  So yesterday I had a good weigh in as I made it back down to a new all time low of 304 so no I'm still perched and ready to shake these last four pounds so at least I saw some loss that gives me hope to get a little bit more in these last few weeks.


So I have gotten some questions about the kinds of foods that I do eat on a regular basis that have gotten me where I am now.  There are so many options and opinions on what someone who is trying to lose weight should eat everyday and there are a lot of crazy diets with recipes for stuff that you should just eat for a specific amount of time and you will lose weight.  Well you probably will lose some weight you will also lose your mind and get sick of what ever 1 thing you eat over and over.  So what I suggest is finding a few Healthy staples and keep changing them up and reinventing them in ways to keep things fresh and new flavors coming.  My staples I have found that work for me are chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, okra and these steamer bags of mixed veggies but are mostly broccoli and fresh carrots.  I can say for certain that I have eaten more vegetables and more vegetables in different ways  in the last eight months than I have my entire life.  So that is really the secret get to love vegetable and fill your plate with them you can eat tons of them and the benefits only multiply because of the high nutritional value they have compared to other types of foods. So the real trick is to find some things you like that are good for you and as long as it is not white potatoes or corn the vegetable aisle is wide open for you to explore to your hearts content.


So thanks for stopping by today and checking out the blog  don't forget to share the facebook link and to become a follower of the blog so you can get the latest updates. So don't  I hope your plans of finishing out the year strong are coming along good and even during the Holiday season  you are finding some time to squeeze in some exercise and some healthy eating.  Well enjoy your Wednesday and get out and take another step towards FIT.



1 comment:

  1. Great post Don, incorporating a colorful array of fresh veggies on my plate prevents me from getting tired of eating consuming them. One of my favorite resturants is Sweet Tomatoes because this place has a long line of fresh veggies on a buffet line. Every time i go there, I'm able to enjoy a new combination of wholesome veggies.

    ReplyDelete