Monday, December 5, 2011

The Game of our Lives

Well a pleasant morning to everyone this Monday I certainly hope everyone had a nice weekend  and made some time to work on closing the year on a high note.  Well yours truly had a productive weekend  and have managed to get myself back to where I was a few weeks ago when I was setting a goal to get down to 303 or below.  It was a week of hard work and executing the plan but I am back on track and rolling strong in the right direction. Saturday I was at the gym yet again for workout number 5 this week  then Sunday I went on the spinning bikes with Ulrick to make a total of 6 days of working out last week so I really went all out to make progress last week. So how did the weekend go for all of you, were you able to resist all the temptation's that come this time of year with Christmas parties and all the food and drink that goes with the season.  You know I really love peppermint and right now Chick Fil"A has commercial for a peppermint milk shake which is absolutely brutal for me it seems like they play the damn thing every 15 seconds just to tempt me and rub it in my face.But such is life I guess, everyday we are  bombarded with temptation for the things  we want even if we know they are not what we need.

You know one realization I have had while on this diet is this, the battle of weight loss for people who are over weight is a rigged game a totally rigged game it's all designed for us to fail at  not just once but over and over again.  I say this because think about it for a moment we are bombarded everyday with two types of messages one is a characterization of what is sexy and what is a desirable look you want that is beautiful and hot.  The people we all wish we could look like with the nice flat stomach's and Ab's able to look good in anything draped over them these are the bodies we are all sold is what we should be because these are the cool people these are the one's who come into our homes on TV and movies and music these are the people that get on magazine covers and become our sports hero's.  Now how is it a rigged game you ask, well look at all the advertisement's that fill the space in between us looking at the desirable people doing these desirable things. Most all of it is for things that will never make you look like any of them for example fast food ad's make up a huge segment of marketing on TV and radio and nothing they have to sell will ever help you achieve becoming one of the desirable people who you are tuning in to see.  Do you honestly believe Tom Brady or Angelina Jolie is stuffing their face with Mcrib's and washing it down with peppermint milkshakes heck no they are not. That's why it's a rigged game my friend's the world dangles the carrot for us as to how good we can look but then only sells us things that will never make it happen.

But rigged game or not this time I'm going to beat the house I'm going to beat them at their own rigged game, I'm going to grab that carrot and do it in the face of all these ad's that do nothing but try to sell me things that will make me fail.  The peppermint Milkshake as good as I'm sure it is will only set me way behind I know this and the harder I work at this the more I'm able to resist it and just say no because themore I have invested the more I have to lose.  That's why I always try to get you to to get more and more invested in your own self just like me because that my friends is the only way to win this rigged game to have so much on the line that you can resist their best efforts to throw you back down because you have to have something to lose before you can have something to win.  So work at it anyway try harder anyway even if they managed to stop you before by luring you back down the path to failure keep playing because this is the game of our very lives.

Well thanks so much for stopping in and listing to my rant today     ( that damn milkshake ad is just making me mad) lol.  It's going to be another big week for me as I am really going to try hard to get below 303 this week and be right on track for my end of the year goal and get into uncharted waters as I am now back down to about my all time low now, so into the unknown  we go.  Well thanks for sharing the blog we got some wonderful comments from some new folks over the weekend and I really do appreciate so much all of your support and faith in me, and know that I have faith in all of you too. So be sure to become a follower of the blog it only takes a moment it's up in the upper right hand corner there.  Thanks so much to my facebook book friends who continue to click like and share on the Facebook post as well.  Well let's all start this week off strong and get out and take another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment