Thursday, December 1, 2011

Run Don Run

Good morning everybody, I hope everybody is well enough on this chilly morning from here in Florida no matter where you are in the world.  Well last night I had my first run walk club event and I am happy to report that I came, I saw and I ran ( well maybe walked most of the way) all 5 kilometers and had a lot of fun and met some fun new people who I look forward to walking with each Wednesday. It was a little bit chilly out but as long as you keep moving you feel fine. So my new Nike shirt worked out well too it moved well and kept me plenty warm but was light too.

So now I just have to fine tune a few things to improve my comfort cause let me tell you it is no small effort to get even the new smaller me to run down the sidewalk.  So last night my goal was just to complete the course in less than an hour and see what it was all about and I managed it in about 55 minutes so mission accomplished there now I can just try to work on that time every week to make it better and better and add more jogging and less walking.  But I have to say a big thank you to Jackie and Troy for setting it all up and making it happen, it was a lot of fun and I look forward to it next week and making it bigger and better.  So all of my Kissimmee area friends really need to come by next Wednesday at 6 to get out there and see how you do with a 5k course. It's so nice if you are like me and do most of your exercise indoors at the gym or at home to get outside and get some fresh air and see some different scenery sometimes it's really good to mix things up. That's really what I am trying to do now just add more and more ways to exercise in different ways I just want to try as much as I can while I'm still young enough to do it whether it is a class or a run club or learning a new sport that's what I want to do now.  I can't stress enough how if you have a lot of weight to lose once you lose a bunch of it you will feel more energy than you ever have you will feel like a dog who has been tied up and can finally (literally) run free. 

So yesterday I talked to another member of my gym who is starting her Journey to Fit just like I and hopefully some of you have too and she decided to start her own blog to tell her story her blog is http://courtneyloses.blogspot.com/ so we all need to go and check out Courtney's story because she has a very  real story to tell just like I do and we can all learn something from someone else's  struggles and success's along this path to become the awesome people we all aspire to be.  So go on over and check out her blog and let's all support her as she starts anew on her path to fit but this time she has something she didn't before all of us here.

So thanks for stopping by today, I certainly hope everyone had a successful day yesterday and got out and was productive.  So today I am going to begin video chronicling my workout's and other stuff so I can start incorporating some video blogging so if you don't have speakers better hurry up and put some on your Christmas list, lol  So be sure to tune in tomorrow as I hope to have some cool new stuff to share.  As always thanks so much for stopping by and sharing this blog and Courtney's blog as well as we all get out there and take another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment