Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finding another Foothold

Well good morning everyone on this chilly morning here in the sunshine state today.  So yesterday unfortunately it was too wet and windy to run so I guess we will just have to try it again next week, so I was a little bummed about that but today is another day.  Sometimes It gets hard for me to remember exactly what my life was like 8 months ago as it seems I have just been in this tunnel just trying to get from one side to the next but at each turn I see more tunnel ahead.  Yesterday I read a great post from someone else who has lost a lot of weight like me and he said sometimes you lose focus because you see so much mountain left ahead of you to climb until you look down and you can't see ground anymore.  That is what it is like I am stuck somewhere way past the middle but not so near the top that I can quite make out the summit so as any mountain climber will tell you the only thing left to do is find the next foot hold and pull yourself up another few feet.  That is what this process is like climbing a very steep mountain one step at a time each time I pull myself forward I'm one step closer to the top.  I think what so many people do is focus not on what they have done but what is left to do and that's when you get discouraged however also I have found if you linger to long on your accomplishments you can also become too content and lose focus on the path ahead.  This is why I try to take this huge climb just one new foothold at a time focus on each tiny step each new bit of ground I can gain is the best place to focus and not on the top or the bottom.


So today I am back in the warm confides of the gym as we wait out this brief cold snap to pass.  With our usual training session with Ulrick  just as on Monday when we worked shoulders I'm finally today able to raise my arms above my head again so I guess it's time to find some new pain, lol  Each time we work different body parts in addition to  the cardio and the boxing really adds up to a real butt kicking each session for yours truly. You know getting with a trainer as I have said  has been on huge key to me sticking with this as long as I have because it really does make a difference, just knowing that you have a plan a schedule and someone else has their time invested in us makes a huge difference  not to mention all the benefits from the workouts themselves. If you are at all able to consult with a personal trainer and train working out with one in your gym I highly suggest it it makes all the difference I have seen the results and I live the results everyday.  Just having as many people invested in your success makes the difference having others who have a stake in your success can mean the difference in success and failure.


So thanks for stopping by and checking out a brief if yet poignant blog entry today, lol So don't forget to become a follower of the blog by clicking the button on the right side that says become a follower it is free and easy and you will get the latest updates.  As always thanks for clicking like and share on the facebook post's  so we can keep the post visible in the ticker. Well everyone make it a great day stay warm but still get out there and take another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment