Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cooling Down and Heating up

Well a happy hump day to everyone on this cool morning even here in Florida.  Well I am moving right along this week doing very well so far, made it to the gym yesterday for my usual  1000 calorie's workout I do on Tuesday's.  I do 65 minutes on the treadmill and an additional 20 minutes on the bike for a combined 1000 calories and I am good and sweaty and worn out after that let me tell you.  When I first started the best I could do was about 30 minutes on the treadmill at about 2.4 mph with no incline and I was huffing and puffing now I do 65 minutes at 4.2 mph with a 3.0 incline and have energy to spare.  I am quite proud of my progress I have made over my old Nemesis the treadmill it's just one of those things that I have really been able to chart my progress as I just got faster and faster. I once saw a quote that said something like there are two types of people when it comes to treadmills the ones who voluntarily walk on them and those who wait till a doctor makes them at a stress test because of heart trouble. So I decided to put myself in the first group rather than wait on the second one, how bout you?


So the weather finally turned a bit cool this morning here in the sunshine state, just in time for my three mile walk this evening with the walk jog club at the gym.  Luckily for me my wife thought ahead and got me a new long sleeve Nike  thermal layer to try out tonight so I am kinda excited about that it's a bit snug still but it gives me something to shoot for to make it looser yet. I am doing well so far too  as I am regulating my portion sizes better and really counting every calorie and I have already noticed some of that Thanksgiving weight starting to come off as I am down 2 pounds since Sunday so I am right on track but still with  much track in front of me.  So how have you been doing so far, have you noticed where all that stuffing and cranberry sauce ended up as it always has to find a place to land and you will see it a few days later lol Well the good news is as I am proving  you can make it go away fast enough all it takes is a little work this week and you too can be right with me on track to have Thanksgiving's leftovers behind us.  The two things I have found that can really slow any weight loss attempt is eating too much food and snacking, especially snacking.  All those little empty calories really add up during the course of a day a cookie here and a piece of candy there or even just a few bites of something right out the fridge can end up being worse than sitting down and eating a really bad snack just once a day.  What I do is eat my regular 3 meals a day and plan ahead with my snack if I need a quick snack fruit is your friend so be sure to call them before you hit that vending machine. 


So wish me luck as I embark on my first attempt at the 5k walk jog tonight with the walk Jog club so any of my local friends who feel like getting out for a walk tonight we will be leaving from the gym around 5:30 so come on by and hit the trail with me I can always use all the support I can get.  So thanks so much for stopping by today I hope that you are having some success of your own this week and are using this week to start off your drive to finish off this year strong and be ready to find the new you in 2012 or even if it's just to get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers.  So as always thanks for sharing the blog and don't forget to check in later this week for the debut of video as we are getting that set up now.  So make it a great day and get out there and get on a treadmill and take another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment