Thursday, November 17, 2011

The cost of obesity

Happy Thursday everybody we are almost there that weekend is right around the corner.  So we are now four days in towards achieving our goals that we set for ourselves this week and hows it going for you so far. I made it three days in a row to the gym yesterday  and worked out with the wife and Lori. One of the best workouts I have found that I do on a regular basis is Boxing, I love  just hitting that heavy bag now it is not only a great cardio workout and great for all the muscles but it has the added benefit of being some of the best stress relief  from exercise I have ever found.  You just put those gloves on and pound away the stresses of the day while getting a good workout at the same time.  So I am right on track with achieving my goal of losing a pound or two this week as long as my friend the scale will cooperate with me, sometimes as I have said it can be so frustrating  when you work hard all week and do everything perfect and that scale just won't budge so hopefully I can see some results by Sunday but if not I know I'm still making progress cause I'm doing all I can do to keep me moving forward.  That's really the real trick is just to know your doing the best you can and attacking the problem on all fronts (nutrition, fitness, health) and you will feel better knowing that you are definitely moving in the right direction if one measuring stick doesn't want to tell you, you still just know it's true. So what ever your goal you set this no matter how slack you may have been these last few days you can still get out there today and attack it on all fronts and have some success this week.

This morning I read a very interesting article about the rising cost of insurance as it is linked to obesity  and smoking in particular here is the link  Insurance story.  Now my opinion about this story has really changed over the last few months because when I was as obese as I was I really didn't care to think about how much of a liability I really was medically speaking to someone like an insurance company.  But now as I continue to turn my life around  I can really see their point of view and agree it should cost more for someone to make the decision to walk around being more than 100 pounds or more over weight and just waiting for something bad to happen to their health because of it. I will also tell you coming from someone who made those bad choices year after fat year it is a choice Ill say it again  PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE FAT.  Some might say Don that's not too nice what about people with medical conditions and things like that and I say this, when you pick up any piece of food or raise any liquid to your lips you are making a conscious choice no matter what is going on with you, you choose what is on that fork and in that glass just as you choose to watch TV rather than be as active as you can be. So what do you think about this article should people who make the choice to be obese or to smoke  have to pay a higher and higher cost for insurance it can be a very controversial subject. But I will say now today my answer is yes and Ill tell you why, because now I know how hard it truly is to make the right choices to change you whole life and decisions you make about what you eat and what you do and believe now not only should people who make the right choices get rewarded with discounts people who make poor choices should have to pay even more because of theirs.

So thanks for stopping by today and checking out the blog I hope to have some big changes coming along in the coming weeks including more pics and hopefully some video entries.  Today I have added a few new areas to the site, their is now an option to sign up to receive the blog delivered to your email all you do is sign up with your email address and it will be delivered each update.  Also below each update there are now links to the most popular blog posts so you can go back and catch up on the ones others found to be the most interesting. I wan to thank all you so much because we are now closing in our 1000th page view and I am very honored that that many of you have taken the time to hear what I have to say each day. Thanks so much for continuing to share the blog on facebook and anyplace else.  Have a great day everybody and get out there and make a Choice to take a step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment