Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What motivates you?

Good morning everyone. Today I want to get into one of the most important topics in any weight loss plan the big M word MOTIVATION.  It's really what gets it all started and keeps it started without it we go no where fast.  So Just take a minute after you read this and ask yourself what is it the motivates me, not what it is I merely like or something I might admire but more than that I'm talking what gets you up and moving with no excuses accepted.  This kind of motivation doesn't always have to be a positive thing look at me one of my biggest motivated factors  to do what I am doing was a fear that if I didn't do better I was going  to die an early death due to my weight.  So find that place  that really gets you going even if it is a little bit dark and tap into it cause you will need it.  Ask yourself honest questions about your situation when looking for that true place of motivation because it is there you just might not want to think about it.  We all spend our lives running from safe place to safe place  especially when it comes to weight because we are not  motivated to change it.  A big motivational factor for me is one that is true for all of us and that is time, no matter what your age your not getting any younger and that ticking clock we all hear in our heads is always there.  For me I want to experience everything life has to offer and I knew I could not do that being strapped to over 150 pounds of excess weight it just makes too many activities unfeasible.

Every time I am able to try something new whether it be an activity or cloths or visiting a new place I use that now to fuel my motivation to only do more and continue to kick in those doors that were closed to me because my old weight didn't allow me to do those things or buy those cloths.  When I started 7 months ago  I made a vow to myself and everyone I care about that aside from all the health concerns we had I was doing this to get busy living rather than sitting still  wasting away as a fat man.  That's what motivates me there are so many more doors out there for me to kick in and I'm excited to get the chance to try.  A few weeks ago I was really excited to get past one of those big doors for me, I took a trip to Utah and being in Florida of course I had to fly.  I have no fear of flying but I had major fear of public humiliation by not fitting in the airplane seat or not being able to buckle the seat belt.  So I tapped into that fear and used it to fuel my will power over food and my workouts and you know what I kicked that airplane seats butt big time.  I am happy to say I fit just fine thank you very much both arm rests down comfortably and several extra inches to spare with the seat belt a major victory for yours truly even if no one else on that plane knew it but me and my wife.  So find that place of motivation and talk it over with those are on your team pushing you even if it is uncomfortable to talk about go there anyway and tap into that rich fuel source that will keep you going.

So today I'm looking for some questions from you the reader or suggested topics maybe something you would like to hear from me. I want this to be all of our blog not just about me. So feel free to leave a comment on the blog of ask me on facebook, send me a private message even, if your not ready to share your comments with everyone yet.  If your enjoying the blog thanks for reading it and please share the link and the website. So think about the motivation today and where that rich fuel is and how you can tap into it for yourself.  So everyone have a great Tuesday and get out there and take another step towards FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment